Monday, July 2, 2012

July 2nd

Since yesterday was taking up by some flash fiction I decided to spend today going over June goals and July goals. Maybe I'll do some other discussions and talking and random chatting, one can never be sure with me can they? But, we'll start with goals.

June Goals
1) Write 750 words (check)
2) Post one video on each channel (just barely, check)
3) Save $200 (failure, but I'm not being too hard on myself, there was stuff)
4) Make one music video shot list (oops)
5) Figure out living situation (It was a bit rocky, but I've got a place now)
6) Read a book (A long fanfiction AND a choose your own adventure book)
7) Figure out Ascendio AV (all set and locked away)
8) Make everything ready for Ascendio (Everything I have to do is locked and loaded)
9) Spend less than $400 on credit card (hahahahahahaha, pipe dream)
10) Keep up with YouTube/Hulu/Magazines (check)

June total 7/10. Not too shabby, but some of those have been on there for months and I really ought to be a little farther along I think. Of course the month is over so there's no use beating myself up about any of it now. Gotta move on to bigger and better and more exciting things.

July Goals
1) Post one video on each channel
2) Write 750 words a day
3) Completely set up my living space (have NOTHING boxed)
4) Vacuum at least once every other week
5) Spend less than $500 on credit card and save $200
6) Figure out costume for Celebration VI
7) Post one piece of writing on Figment for public consumption
8) Shot list two music videos
9) Shoot Fall In Love Tonight Video
10) Write out story arc for Heroes and Sidekicks Institute

I also want to mention something else that's going to change for July. Since I got involved in Figment (like a week ago), I discovered they do something called Daily Themes, these are basically writing prompts that get your creativity flowing. I'm not going to use all of them, but when I find on that strikes my interest I'll use it that day. That means that little snippets of fiction might invade my other daily post themes. Generally I'll be sticking to the schedule we've come to know and love, but I just wanted to prepare you for the possibility of changes.

Now that the business stuff is out of the way I want to talk a little bit about my life, which is my right on the lovely Miscellaneous Mondays. Getting a new apartment in July has been a bit of an adventure (that's putting it nicely), and the place and time and people have flipped and flopped, but now we're finally settled. Well, at least I hope we are because I paid them money and I don't want that to be for nothing. We're still moving to a three bedroom, my friend Amber is still moving in with us, it's just the time of the move and the place we're moving to that's changing. Now we're moving to a closer building, to the second floor, and not until July 15th. This is a bit of a bummer cause it's sorta during Ascendio, but I'm dealing with it. I'm sure I'll be plenty happy once we actually move, but getting there is a bit frustrating.

Lena arrives tomorrow, and I'm incredibly excited! I'd hoped to have a new place and a room for her, but I think we'll be fine the way things are. I've missed her and I can't wait to have her hanging around. It's a bit of a bummer that I'll be spending most (if not all) of my not at Ascendio time working like a crazy person, but that's the price to be paid. Lena's graciously agreed to help me with a couple of short silly projects, so hopefully YouTube will see the fruits of that labor sometime this month. Lena also has a lot on her plate so I imagine that most of our crazy adventures will be post Ascendio. I'm cool with that though, cause honestly I don't have enough time in my life to do anything before Ascendio.

I feel that I should mention something else that I know you're probably sick of hearing, but since I'll never get sick of telling it, I LOVE MY JOB! The simple truth is that, while I may not get paid much, I can survive on what I get paid, I enjoy what I do, and I adore the people I work with. That's right, I actually enjoy people coming and complaining to me. I like it when people come in pissed and leave smiling, I like that I made them that way, and I'm utterly fascinated by what people complain about. I could spend my entire life just watching people and studying the way they react to things. I never get tired of it. Plus, and this is the best part, I learn a lot of names. Everyone who's been around when I write knows I hate naming characters, so I've been stocking up on the interesting names I hear at work. Mixing and matching first and last names, and mentioning to guests that I like their names and might use it for a character. I swear I'll have dedicate all my books to Guests At Universal Orlando. Life is good.

Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment