Monday, July 5, 2010

The Wild July Adventure 2.0 Begins

Today was the first day of the Love Will Prevail Tour and thus far it's been an absolute blast! There was a lot of work to do, packing the van, rolling shirts, cutting and wrapping frog cards, but it was worth every minute. The first show was in Buffalo and it was a success. There wasn't the biggest crowd, but they were happy to be there and it was a really neat venue. If any of you invisible readers live near Buffalo, NY please take time to check out Talking Leaves...Books. It's a really neat independent bookstore and they were totally awesome to us.



Besides selling merch at the show itself, I spent a fair bit of time in the van with Lena. We listened to some music and surfed the web (having internet in a car is fun) and just generally laughed a lot. Not much changed when we picked up Tianna. I love these girls so much, and we have a serious good time.

We spent the evening at Rachel's (Hermione in TFB) house and her parents made us a delicious dinner. I'm trying to be vegetarian on this tour and it's off to a pretty good start, but we'll see. After dinner Rachel took us to a milkshake place where they had outdoor seating that was giant rocking tables. The milkshakes were great and we had a blast just sitting and talking.

After the ice cream we returned to Rachel's house and I shot a tour vlog. It's not the most interesting, but feel free to watch it.



I wish I could better explain the hilarity that occured today but instead I will leave you with these thoughts. They might not make much sense, but they will make me smile.

"I thought that was a water bottle, but it's a bird."
"Those aren't real curly fries. They're curly...fries."
"My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard."
"Have you ever had a bad day where your friends ignore you and make it worse? This song is about that."
"Welcome to the Accio Bodyguard Tour...except it isn't."

Till I next fail at failure.

No comments:

Post a Comment