Saturday, January 29, 2011

Suddenly It's Week Four

It seems to me that this part of my goal is much more difficult for me than my vlog every week goal. I'm not sure why that is. I'm a writer, at least I consider myself one, and I write everyday. Yet, somehow, this blog gets left till the last minute and even in that last minute I struggle to figure out what I want to post. Is this because my blogs don't have a theme like my vlogs do? That's possible, but I think it's more likely that I just find my life to be too boring to be worth recounting publicly.

I wake up in the morning NOT feeling like P Diddy...at least that's what I assume. Honestly, I suppose I have no idea how P Diddy feels in the morning, so it's possible that I DO wake up in the morning feeling like P Diddy. I might have to look into that. Regardless of how like or unlike P Diddy I feel the next step in my day usually involves checking my email, Facebook, YouTube, and, if I got up extra early, watching a show on Hulu. I follow this morning routine of brain rot with classes. What classes I attend vary depending on the day, but my routine of sitting, listening, talking, and occasionally ignoring the professor to check tumblr on my ipod, is pretty universal. Once I've been released from endless lectures I return to my dorm room where I generally spend the next one to two hours communing with the internet. Occasionally I'll do homework after that, but usually I pretend I don't have any and instead watch Hulu, read a book, or write a vlog. Then I go to dinner and after returning I scramble madly to complete the work that's due the next day. Once I feel I've made sufficient homework progress I crawl into bed and read until I fall asleep. Rinse. Repeat.

Can you understand why I feel that my days aren't terribly interesting? I don't go on daily epic adventures that involve meeting famous people and winning exciting prizes. I don't even go on weekly epic adventures. I might be able to squeeze out a monthly adventure if I'm lucky. Yet, I made a promise to blog every WEEK. This means that I have to come up with something exciting or intelligent or entertaining to write about every single week. I just don't live on the edge enough for this. Give me a moment to think back through my week and see if I can discover some small tidbit of excitement to tide you over until you can read a gripping blog by one of the other people that you follow.

After a lot of thought (not that you can tell because you get to read this paragraph seconds after the last one), the one thing that stands out is the art class I took. Today my brother, Kellen, and I decided to take a class on making chain maille bracelets, and it was actually really neat. The pattern we were making was called byzantine, which as far as I can tell has nothing to do with the Byzantine Empire. Of course I know nothing about the Byzantine Empire besides its name so I might not be the most reliable source. It was a simple braid that turned out quite beautifully. I got the hang of it quite quickly and managed to finish with enough extra time to make some earrings to go with my bracelet. I plan to give the set since I don't often wear bracelets and I don't have pierced ears. I also bought an extra set of rings so that I can make another bracelet and I think that I'm going to be quite interested in doing this for awhile. It's really simple and I find craft work like this to be quite relaxing.

There you have it. One week in the thrilling life of Mallory Vance. Maybe next week will yield something of greater excitement. Either that or I'll go back to posting some of the fiction I've been writing for classes and for 750words.com.

Till I next fail at failure.

1 comment:

  1. You don't have to do anything exciting to blog. I don't. I write about a topic that seems interesting at the time. Good luck with the weekly blog xXx

    ReplyDelete