Friday, June 19, 2009

My Blog My Life

So I know that I promised two flash fiction pieces today but I just can't seem to deliver. I don't even really care that much for the one that I did write, but I figured I had to post it. So instead of a second story you get a little of me.

My life as of late has been a blur of boring days at the office followed by much watching of Babylon 5. Throw in a dash of youtube, a sprinkling of facebook, and just enough Twitter to give the taste of #iranelection and you have a pretty good idea. Because of this I haven't felt that I have much to talk about.

Of course generally I have no idea why people would want me to talk about anything anyway. I find my life to be quite uninteresting. On the other hand I follow blogs and vlogs where other people just talk about their lives quite often. I like learning about people, but I'm not sure they want to learn about me.

But then again maybe you do want to hear about my life. Maybe you've been waiting all day at the computer just praying that I would make this post so that you could find out what I've been up to. (Nothing to be ashamed of. I've been there. We have our own club.) Well in that case I really can't disappoint you.

Today started out as a basic Friday. I went to work, got my paycheck, and then sat and prayed for 5pm. About 3:30 God took pity on me. He did this in the only way he knows how; by sending one heck of a storm. Winds of more than 70 mph, 1-2 inches of rain a minute, and don't forget the tornado or two he created just in case the rest wasn't enough. I got completely soaked, but I also got out of work almost an hour early and I couldn't have been happier. Had getting struck by lightening not been a very real threat this blog might have included a video of me doing a happy dance in the rain.

At my house a big storm can only mean one thing; movie night. My parents and I (the brother was with his girlfriend) planted ourselves in front of the TV and watched He's Just Not That Into You (which I enjoyed despite the bad reviews) and The Man Who Came Back (which you should NEVER EVER watch). All in all it was a decent night. Tomorrow promises sunshine and I plan to head out and soak some up.

Until I next fail at failure.

No comments:

Post a Comment