Friday, June 12, 2009

What I do with Boredom

People totally failed to tell me that this blogging thing was addictive. I find myself constantly formulating blogs in my head during work. Course that could be because my job is kinda boring. My total projects for the day added up to 1)manually feeding 300 sheets of cardstock one at a time into a printer, 2)scanning 42 pages into PDF's, and 3)entering roughly 100 businesses into an spreadsheet. Doesn't it just scream stimulating excitement?

But I'm not here to whine and complain. I actually am an eternal optimist. The manually feeding of paper and scanning of documents allows me time to read books I enjoy. Entering business info means I get to look at cool websites and learn about local digs to visit, like a cool local hotel that does mystery dinners. All in all there is something good in every situation.

However although this blog is definitely half full it appears to be half full of nothing. I'm not sure what I set out to talk about, which generally leads to me talking about nothing. I usually would blog about the concerts I went to and wonderful people I met, but I do that on facebook where people can be tagged. Which leaves me with the option of saying things I wouldn't on facebook or just blogging about non concert life, but we all know non concert life is boring.

Since it is unlikely anyone will ever read this blog (mostly cause I'm not promoting it) I feel that I can pretty much gush or complain about anything. Since I'm an optimist let's go with gushing. I think Lauren and Matt are the most adorable couple ever (if you don't know who they are think Wrock, if that word made no sense to you, what are you doing in my blog?). Really I know that they sometimes gross people out but I think they're fantastic. First off they are two of the nicest people I've met. (I've since forgiven Matt for the depression video introduction). Second it's obvious when you're around them that they really truly like each other. They don't hide themselves, it's obvious that they are open and honest, and that they genuinely care for each other. Seriously being around them can make anyone insanely happy (also insanely jealous but that's a topic for another time). I've wanted to talk about them for awhile but didn't know where. Yeah for blogs that are never read.

I suppose more will be added as I think about it. I should go find some prompts somewhere. I'm thinking about doing a series of flash stories based on prompts as part of this blog. What do you invisible nonexistent readers think? It's a good idea? That's what I thought you'd say.

No comments:

Post a Comment