Thursday, June 18, 2009

Told You The Name Was Well Chosen

For those hundreds of invisible people who are following my blog it's obvious that this blog has lived up to it's name. Honestly I don't know what happened yesterday. Mostly I just spaced on the entire flash fiction thing. As I crawled into bed at 11pm I thought; oh yeah I was supposed to write a story. I considered trying to fix that by writing one today, but today is a video day for me, which means no time to write, and barely anytime for the video itself. Which reminds me I've decided to post my Thursday videos; so here it is. They can also be found a www.youtube.com/WADADropouts



In other news I have discovered that I despise anonymous comments. I find that they are often used to rip at people and say terrible things. I am of the opinion that if you're not willing to put your name on it then you shouldn't even be saying it. I recently spent some time reading an article that caused a lot of debate. I thought that the writer of the piece didn't intend to be mean but that her words could have been chosen better. Overall the debate that followed was civilized although not entirely without emotion. When people get upset they respond, but from where I stood everyone was very polite. The problems stemmed from bad word choice and incorrect interpretations. Then there was the anonymous comment. This person tore into some people that I consider friends and left no doubt what they meant. The negativity in the comment blew me away and the vileness made me kind of sick. Above all it made me very angry, but I kept my emotions in check. I saved the rant for here. Perhaps it's better that the person didn't include their name because I might have been tempted to hunt them down. I have always cared little about what people think or say of me but start to speak badly of my friends and I become a different person entirely. However, if you are willing to say it to their face, or at least willing to tell them who you are, you will get more respect from me. The courage to stand behind your opinions makes all the difference. I try never to be a hater, but when I am, believe me, that person knows.

So while my anger simmers I should explain how I am going to fix my mistake. Tomorrow I will write two stories to make up for the one that I missed. I am also expecting to post the first part of my novel this Sunday. Until next time remember to put your name on all your comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment