Wednesday, June 13, 2012

June 13th

So, it's Wednesday, the day I discuss actual life. Of course that doesn't mean that this post will actually contain real content, cause that's just a silly idea. If you've been with me for any length of time you are well aware that I value quantity over quality in these posts. It's about getting my words out there.

This week was my first non training week at Guest Services. I've only worked two days, but so far so good. I ask a lot of questions, but I think that's a good thing. So far it seems like my comments are meeting with approval from the powers that be. Had my first encounter with an IT issue today, which lead to the writing of much more comments, so that was fun. I'm sort of finding my groove with keeping the lines short and getting my comments done, which is good. It took me WAY less time to bank out today than it did on Sunday, and I think that's a sign I'm improving. Everyone I work with has been amazingly helpful and even when I ask what turns out to be a stupid question, they're willing to lend me a hand. All in all work is going along quite well, and I'm excited to go back tomorrow. I do miss Mummy (read the people at Mummy) a bit, but I think I might pick up a shift there next week, so I can get my fix.

Life with the married couple has actually been quite lovely. Our apartment is slowly turning from the "wedding war zone" back into a mildly habitable environment. I actually came home from work today to find Chris cleaning and then he went on to clean the dishes as well. It made me incredibly happy. The permanent addition of Chris has also brought other lovely things to our home; movies, shelves, regularly cooked meals, and a cardboard Boba Fett. I love our Boba Fett. He rests in the corner of the living room and I'll admit that he startles and scares me at least once a day. It usually goes something like this...

Mallory wanders into the living room, casually. She glances around that room and SEES A TALL SHADOWY FIGURE STANDING IN THE CORNER WHOISTHATIAMTERRFIEDAHHHHHHHHH! Mallory gasps, or on some occasions yelps, and then realizes that it's only Boba Fett. It's only Boba Fett. We have a freaking Boba Fett! We're SO cool!

Lather, rinse repeat.

We're also working on (perhaps) moving into a three bedroom. Nothing is set in stone, or even scribbled on paper, but I'm keeping my hopes up. I honestly don't care much at this point if we move apartments or just switch rooms, but Sara would like to move. We do have the issue of not having apartmate number four anymore, so we're going to have to do interviews for one. The way I imagine these interviews going in my head is probably hugely inaccurate, but until they happen in real life I'll stick with the awesome fantasy. We know that all potentials need to like Harry Potter and be alright with cats. The rest of the criteria is a little more flexible, but we've agreed that we all need to approve of them. I think this will make us happier in the end. Due to this vague possibility that my habitat will change, I've been trying a super clean of my room. You'll remember that I started this in May, but now I'm really getting to it. Today I went through my closet and made a HUGE pile of stuff to take to Salvation Army. I realized that I've lived here for almost a year, and if I haven't touched that stuff in that time, it's probably not going to change. I'll be continuing this tend, going from drawer to drawer, until I feel that I've lightened my possessions enough to pack things for a move.

I've been making good on my vow to keep up with YouTube despite the insane number of channels I'm subscribed to. Sometimes I think that I watch too much, but then I realize that everyone has their vices, and mine could be gambling, or cocaine, so I think a little daily YouTube watching it totally alright. I've also been reading a bit too much fanfiction, but I did finish a book (that I technically started in May) and I have another book ready to go. Meg got me a choose your own adventure zombie apocalypse book, and I already know it's gonna be awesome. Seems like something I might need, what with that man in Miami who ate another guys face. The zombies are coming, are you prepared?

Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment