Saturday, June 9, 2012

June 9th

I spent most of today with Meg, and we had a ton of fun so I feel like today is another day for a list of wonderful things.

Munchkin- The entire point of this game is to destroy monsters and cheat, and I love it. I've never played a bad game of Munchkin. As long as everyone comes in expecting to have a blast, that is what is gonna happen.

Magic the Gathering- I'm just starting to play this card game, but I already like it quite a bit. I play only for fun, and that means no stress, and lots of laughter.

Reorganizing- I don't necessarily like to vacuum or wash things, but I LOVE reorganizing my space. Since we're considering the moving thing, I've been doing a lot of that.

Star Wars- I feel like I've said this before, but another day at Star Wars weekends has solidified this in my brain. Despite my love for Harry Potter, there is still something special and different about everything Star Wars. I think it's just been with me so long that it holds a special place in my heart.

Chocolate- I just ate a chocolate bar, and the plain creamy milk chocolate, is still the best. I don't need anything fancy, the plain chocolate is just fine by me.

Frozen Vegetables- I buy them cheap, they last forever, and I can just throw them in the pot with my Ramen noodles. I'll never claim to eat healthy, but I don't do too bad.

Sharpies- I love sharpies, in all different colors. They draw on anything, and make a great tool for temporary tattoos.

Pokemon- I grew up playing those games, and I still like playing them to blow of steam to this day. Besides, I still haven't managed to catch them all, but someday I will.

Sushi- This is probably my current favorite food, and I would eat sushi for every single meal if I had that kind of money. Instead I settle for eating it about once a month, often less. My favorite sushi roll is salmon tempura rolls, but most places don't have them. Pretty much every single restaurant carries California rolls, and I like those too.

Writing- Despite the fact that sometimes I'm writing these 750 words late at night and without a single idea, I find that I actually enjoy it. I've also found that I feel a lot more like writing fiction, and look forward to my fiction days. Writing is fun for me, and I like to bring out those characters in my head and let them run around a little.

Milk- Everyone has their drink of choice for when you need to cool down, and mine is milk. I find it super refreshing and it has a little more going for it than just plain water. Plus less sugar than soda. Better for me and delicious, I really can't go wrong.

Converse shoes- I love the way they look and feel and just wearing a pair makes me feel so happy. I think that's largely because I associate them very strongly with Wizard Rock and all my Potter friends. So even thought I might be miles away from all those people, wearing converse makes me feel connected to them.

The Sims- I haven't played a lot of video games lately, there's been a lot of other things on my plate, but I will always love the Sims. My favorite part of most games is creating a character and writing their story (can you tell I like to write yet), and the Sims is basically only making a character and writing their story. It's everything I want and doesn't include all of the things, like shooting enemies, that I'm notoriously terrible at.

Doctor Who- I can't get enough of a ton of British TV shows, but Doctor Who tops that list for sure. From characters to plot to dialogue, I'm always impressed with each episode, and I find myself falling more and more in love with the show each time I watch. Who wouldn't want to learn more about a man who traveling through space and time in a police box.

Temporary tattoos- I do have a single real tattoo on my foot, and I'm considering a couple other ideas, but I will still use temporary tattoos. There's just something great about being able to cover myself in art that I know will come right off in a day. Plus there's the sparkle factor. There are TONS of glittery metallic temporary tattoos, but I have yet to ever see a sparkly actual tattoo.

Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment