Saturday, June 2, 2012

June 2nd

Gosh June is off to a very hectic start. Between Meg's birthday and preparing for Sara's wedding it's been nothing but busy in my world. That doesn't leave much time for raves or rants, but I still have 750 words to write so I suppose I'll have to buckle down and spit out something. I think I'll go back to the age old list of things I love and why I love them. I'll try to change it up from the last time, but I make no promises.

Nerdfighters- No matter how you meet it's guaranteed that the other person will be awesome. Even if they are a person you've never seen before, but they happen to be wearing a DFTBA records shirt or mention something nerdy, you just flash the gang sign and BOOM instant friends.

Dishwashers- I actually enjoy washing dishes by hand, but with the volume of dishes we've gone through lately in preparation for this wedding, I'm incredibly thankful to have a dishwasher. Life is just so much easier this way.

Artistic Friends- Nothing makes me happier than receiving something that someone else has drawn/painted/sculpted for me. I think it's because art is not a talent I possess and so I feel blessed to receive it from others.

Lizards- Tiny lizards are everywhere in Florida and they provide endless hours of entertainment. I spend a lot of time trying to catch one, but have yet to succeed, they're quick little buggers.

The phrase "Cheers, love"- Nothing, and I really mean nothing flatters me more than a British guy saying that in passing. I'm not sure if it's the phrase or the accent or a mix of the two, but it always makes me feel confident and attractive. This is ridiculous I'm aware, but knowing that doesn't change how I feel.

New friends- Meeting new people is one of my favorite activities, and turning them into friends is even better. It's just great to add to my list of local friends, especially if it adds to the list of people I actually hang out with.

Disney World- I know, I work for Universal, this is close to blasphemy, but it's true. There's just something almost magical about Disney World and no matter how many times I go there I find myself just as excited as the very first time I went.

Harry Potter Fanfiction- When I'm sitting around bored nothing gets my brain pumping like a well written fanfic. I'm a big fan of angsty plots and lots of hurt and comfort from the main characters. They are fun to read and they get my creativity flowing.

Taking Pictures- I'm not great at it, I wouldn't even claim to be adequate, but I do love taking pictures. This pictures aren't of anything in particular, just what I feel like photographing at the time.

Bad ABC Family movies- Technically it doesn't have to be an ABC Family movie, but they have the best bad movies. What makes these movies bad is usually an overly romanticized and predictable storyline filled with WAY too many convenient breaks. All of these things are what make them wonderful to watch and make fun of though.

Walking- Just taking a walk, especially when I don't actually have to go anywhere is very relaxing. It gives me a chance to just think about things or listen to music.

Slippers- Yes, it's regularly 90 degrees outside, yet when I'm inside the air conditioned apartment I always manage to be a little cold. Slippers keep my feet warm and keep me from getting sick.

Cake- Delicious, not at all nutritious, and one of my favorite foods. It seems like you really can't go wrong with cake.

Naps- I really haven't gotten enough sleep lately but naps have saved my sanity. It still blows my mind how a 30 minute nap can somehow leave me feeling more refreshed than a 6 or 7 hour night of sleep.

The Vlogbrothers- Aside from the creation of Nerdfighters I owe Hank and John Green credit for most of what I know about current events. I also owe them for a lot of knowledge I've lately gained about science and history. Plus they write good books, funny songs, and make ever interesting videos.

Dresses/Skirts- I used to hate wearing dresses (and skirts), but I've started to like them, especially shorter ones, as a nice way to stay cool in the summer. I still often struggle with the lack of pockets, but it's mostly just taught me to travel lighter.

Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment