Wednesday, June 6, 2012

June 6th

I feel like I should have something to blog about, but honestly my life has been nothing but work and sleep with a little YouTube and Hulu thrown into the mix. I love my new position at Guest Services, tomorrow is my last day of training, and I'm incredibly excited to be out on my own. I already adore what I'm doing, and I find that it's a much better fit than my attractions job. Of course I still miss the people I used to work with at Mummy, but I'll still visit them, and I'll make new friends at guest services.

Aside from work, and the wedding which I already discussed at length, I haven't done much with my life. Those two things have taken enough time that I've pretty much just been writing 750 words and sleeping aside from that. I still haven't made my June goals despite the fact that I'm six days into the month. However, I know that I'll get there. In fact let's make a goal right now. My goal is to spend most of Saturday catching up on work that has fallen to the wayside. I need to catch up on Ascendio emails, make June goals, edit my Star Wars weekend video, make a Ravenclaw & Weasley video, and probably tons of other things that I'm just not thinking of right now.

I got to spend some time with Meg and we've been planning a surprise for the newly wedded couple (which I feel like I can discuss here because no one actually reads this blog). We've come up with this idea of a "fantasy honeymoon" that involves traveling around our apartment while actually visiting The Shire, Forks Washington, Hogwarts, Cat in the Hat, and a cliche Honeymoon Suite. We've come up with really simple decorations and some sort of gift or food for each different world. I'm hoping that we can manage to pull it off and that Sara and Chris enjoy it. I think they will appreciate the idea if nothing else. Plus it will be a lot of fun, and Meg is out of school so timing isn't really much of an issue.

I'm also planning to return to Star Wars weekends this Friday, and I think I'll probably film more video while I'm there. Then I'll have WAY too much footage that I can pare down to a thoughts from places. I have this crazy idea of doing a song to the Star Wars main theme about everything I saw. It has potential to be either funny and awesome or completely out of tune and cringe inducing. I suppose I'll have to let the viewers make that decision. Not that I have many more viewers than I do readers of this vlog, but I like to pretend. Sometimes I wonder if I would like to have a blog that people actually read and commented on. Then I remember that having an audience means that I would have to produce content that was actually worthy of a readership, and I just have no interest in that. I would much rather continue to write filler words and grammatically incorrect sentences about completely uninteresting topics. It makes me happy.

I still have about 200 words to write, and they aren't flowing like they do when I write my Dungeons and Dragons journals. I love getting into Riley's head, she's different than the characters I usually play. Plus there's the fact that the campaign itself is proving to be interesting enough to provide plenty of subject matter for my 750 words a day. It's funny because the people I play D&D with are fascinated and a little amazed that I write 750 words a day, while I simply enjoy it and think it's not that difficult. I read a blog today on Nerd Fitness that talked about building habits. They were mostly concerned with fitness habits, but I realized it works the same for anything. The reason I find my 750 words so easy is because I made it a habit, and something I enjoy instead of a chore. I know that I could (and likely should) do the same with exercise and eating better, but I don't have the same motivation.

Which reminds me of something I heard on the radio today. They were discussing lies that people tell themselves, things like "I'm going to start exercising". We tell ourselves these things even though we know they aren't true. They wanted to know what everyone's biggest (or most common) lie is. I thought about it for awhile, and I do tell myself a lot of lies about eating healthy or not spending money or exercising, but I realized that none of those were my biggest/most common lie. The lie I tell myself most often is "I'm going to go to bed early tonight." Every morning when I struggle to get out of bed I tell myself that I'm going to go to sleep earlier to make up for it. I told myself that lie this morning, and here it is 11pm and I'm decidedly not in my bed asleep.

Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment