Monday, May 14, 2012

May 14th

Today I did the laundry, vacuumed my room, my bathroom, the living room, and the kitchen, did the dishes, cleaned the stove top, washed the kitchen counters, took out the trash, and worked on Ascendio. All in all a very productive day off from work. Now it's time for me to write 750 words and Monday is supposed to be current events.

Of course I know basically nothing about current events, cause I'm too busy doing things like laundry. So instead of discussing what Republican candidates have dropped out of the race or which campaign groups are currently bashing each other or Syrian soldiers dying in Lebanon or the drama on Dancing with the Stars or the downfall of Yahoo or SpaceX launching their Dragon capsule up to the ISS. Not that those aren't all fascinating topics, I'm just not really in the mood to discuss any of them because I feel that I don't have fully formed thoughts to offer.

So instead I would like to actually just spend a bit of time just writing whatever pops into my head. Like traveling back in time to April where this blog was rambling and unedited (not that it's terribly edited now). I was speaking to my friend Alissa today about why I do this. She's an artist (of the making super amazing drawings variety) and was telling me that she tries to draw something every day because in order to keep improving she needs to practice. Personally I think that her art is already incredible and there isn't much farther to go, but I understand the principal of the idea. That's why I'm writing the 750 words a day, to practice. Obviously this type of thoughts on paper writing is different than what I might want to do with my life, but practice is practice, and letting go of my inner editor so that I can actually compose something is a skill I can learn with any subject matter.

The other thing I've been thinking about is how much fun I had writing that short scene yesterday. I've discovered that I'm quite inspired by the character art I find on the internet, and I want to continue to write from those pictures. Pinterest has actually become a wonderful tool for me to store up the pictures I find inspiring so that I can pull them out easily to write. AND it saves the location of the art so that if I write something I'm especially proud of I can send it to the artist and share my creativity. Plus, if I come up with a character that I love, I can hunt down some of those artists to illustrate them for me. It has the potential to help me build a pretty incredible community.

The apartment issue is also still weighing heavily on my mind is deciding where I will be living in July. We no longer have a fourth decided roommate, which means that we might not move. That is actually an outcome I'm completely fine with. I'll probably end up switching rooms so that I'm no longer in the master bedroom, which is enough of a move to give me a chance to start fresh. The bummer is that now Sara seems pretty set on moving to a different apartment but we don't have anyone to move with. I'm not sure I want to look for anyone else anymore. I'm happy with who I live with, my rent will go down, and I don't mind switching rooms because it will give me a chance to clean out my room and get rid of the stuff that I brought with me for whatever reason but haven't paid any attention to since. I actually enjoy spring cleaning, reorganizing my living space. Moving on the other hand I find a bit more stressful. Not the physical movement of my stuff but all the address change that goes along with it. Still, I'm open to most anything and if Sara finds someone she wants to live with then I'm willing to take the leap.

I've also had some time to think about the way my life is and what I want to change about it. I think that I need to write out some rules about eating and exercise and creative pursuits and see if I can get into a schedule that will keep me on top of everything with out burning me out. I think that switching jobs will help with that because the increase in pay will mean that the less hours working won't be as stressful and I'll have more time to pursue other things. Now I just have to make an executive decision on what those other things will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment