Monday, May 21, 2012

May 21st

Forget current events. I'm sick of them, I don't really care, and as Zefrank is fond of saying, they aren't even current anyway; they already happened. In light of this incredible insight I've decided to turn Mondays into Miscellaneous Mondays, they day where I can feel free to write about anything I want. If I want to write more fiction, I can. If I want to do another review, I can. If I want to rant or rave or just plain blog, I can. If I want to do something totally different, I can. And if rather than sticking to a theme I just want to write 750 words that have no substance and take very little thought, I can. Feel that? That's a weight lifting off my chest as Mondays become about freedom and expression. I think I need a day like that to keep me going.

Tomorrow is my first day at Guest Services, and because of training, I won't be able to attend Dungeons and Dragons. This makes me truly sad as it is something that I look forward to every week, but the new job is important to me. As a result I won't have a campaign journal for tomorrow, so Riley will instead have to tell you about some past adventure. What that is I can't be quite sure. However, today I want to share with you what I'm emailing to my fellow adventures, so that they know what to do with my character while I'm gone.
********************************
It seems to me that the black bands that the bandits wear allow them to gain entrance to the cave, and our best bet of securing all that it holds is to infiltrate their ranks. However, I'm not sure how well they know each other and if some of us merely walk in with arm bands they might be suspicious, not to mention someone might recognize us from the battle with the cave troll. That is why I've come up with a plan of action.

I'm not the best at sneaking or lying, so giving one of the four armbands to me would be a waste. My strength, and my part in this plan, lie elsewhere. I would suggest that the armbands are given to our cleverest sneaks; Stealthlina, Foxface, and The Dread Pirate Roberts. If someone other than Milk (who is already known) wants to wear the other armband than they need to prove they can sneak in and bluff their way into the organization. Still, as I said before, walking right in isn't really an option. That's where my role in the plan comes in.

I will take my axe, build up my anger, and rush the cave alone. The ensuing chaos should allow those with the armbands to easily enter the camp and seamlessly become part of the operation. I've seen the way their leader acts, it is likely he'll keep me alive for sport. If it seems that I am to be killed, this piece of paper should be presented. It's a wanted poster that shows my likeness and offers 1,000 gold for my capture alive. Never you mind where it came from. That should convince him I'm better off breathing.

Once the sneaks have become part of the camp they can work it from the inside. I imagine within a day or two we should know enough to be able to take the camp. Then all you need is a well placed key, a simple signal, and our small fighting force should be able to take them completely unaware.

(Mallory's notes, this seemed like a plan Riley would approve of, and it gets her out of the way since she won't be involved in battle this week. Megan has told me that it's likely Rouge would go wandering off into the forest after some small creature. I think that fits with her character just as well).
************************
Hopefully they're able to make use of my strategy, but I honestly probably won't know until I join them again in a week. When that time comes I'll catch up my journal and you'll be able to find out what really happened.

Aside from getting excited for my guest service job, today was spent at home. I developed a lineup for the Wrock Event at Ascendio. Now all it needs is a name and we're good to go. I also cancelled the magazines I don't read. And I played Portal 2 with my brother. We have a lot of fun playing together and I swear that each level is a lesson in how we solve the puzzles NOT in the way they're meant to be solved. Of course that's what makes it so fun. Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment