Wednesday, May 16, 2012

May 16th

Today I worked all morning. It went pretty quickly and the days to starting my new job are quickly counting down. My last official day at Revenge of the Mummy is Sunday, although I'll likely pick up shifts for awhile to supplement the hours I get at guest services. I'm really going to miss the people I work with at Mummy so it will be nice to spend a day a week or so there visiting. Plus I think that working outside of attractions will mean I'll want to play in the park a bit more after/before my shifts. I'll have to wait and see.

After work I went to Magic Kingdom (one of the parks in Disney World), and had a blast just playing around. I played some Sorcerer's of the Magic Kingdom, which is a fantastic interactive card game that Disney created. It involves getting a key card and 5 spell cards and then walking around to different stations throughout the park and activating these screens. Once you activate the screen with your key card you hold up spell cards when prompted, they are read by cameras, and then the spell transfers to the screen. You duel Disney villains as you try to keep them from collecting the crystals of the Magic Kingdom for Hades, who wants to gain control of the park. Every day you can take your key card back to the recruitment center and get a pack of 5 more spell cards. There are 70 spell cards in the first set (10 of which are almost impossible to get). The game is brilliantly executed, fun for all ages, and completely free. It's got strategy at higher levels and it encourages people to interact so they can trade cards. I'm incredibly impressed with what Disney has created with this game.

I also managed to ride a few rides while I was at the park, and then something really neat happened. As I was leaving the park I noticed the girl in front of me was holding a box painted like the TARDIS. Since I'm the type of person who likes to talk to strangers (not recommend to younger readers), I asked her what the box was. She explained that she made it to carry egg babies for a class project. I told her that I thought that was cool, but what I really like was that it was a TARDIS. That's when things got awesome. She and the group of friends she was with hadn't ever met another Whovian and they got very excited! Turned out that the egg babies were dressed up like Eleven, Amy, and Rory. We discussed excitement for the new season, our favorite Doctor, the best episodes, and Chameleon Circuit (a Trock band), which lead us to briefly talking about YouTubers we like. When we finally got back to the parking lot I took a picture with the girls before we split ways. It was just a ton of fun to meet them and it made the end of my day incredibly pleasant. It just goes to show that sometimes all you have to do to meet amazing people is ask a stranger a question.

After leaving the park I came home, made some dinner, watched Bones, and now I'm watching some YouTube as I write this. Tomorrow I plan to get up early and made a video before I have to go to work. I also need to work on some of my other goals because I'm halfway through the month now, and I'm not halfway through my goals. Which reminds me, I should probably do an update here.

1) Write 750 words a day (so far so good, I'm sure I'll make this one)
2) Make 2 videos for channel (one is done and I'm making one tomorrow)
3) Read a book (working on it, slowly)
4) Save $200 (the new job should help with this)
5) Write Wrockbox Show (that's what next week's days off are for)
6) Finalize ALL Ascendio scheduling (I'm only a Wrock lineup away)
7) Make shot list for 3 music videos (I'll get on this, it's been on hold for a bit)
8) Read or cancel all Magazine subscriptions (working on it)
9) Spend less than $300 on credit card (FAILED. Stuff adds up)
10) Clean out living space (have cleaned up a lot, still working on it)

Looks like I could manage nine of my goals this month, which means more rewards. Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment