Wednesday, May 30, 2012

May 30th

Today is Meg's birthday! That's pretty much the only worthwhile thing I can discuss. I guess I could mention that I had another day of work, and I'm still in training at Guest Services, but really that all pales in comparison to Meg's birthday. It's her day, I should really talk about her.

When I got off work today, I snatched up Meg and we went to hang at Universal. We briefly considered running errands or doing something productive, but it was Meg's birthday, so in the end we forgot all responsibility and just had a ton of fun. We kicked it off by wandering around the parks. Step one; snag Meg a Happy Birthday button. Then it was off to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter to ride Dragon Challenge (twice), race through the castle and ride Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey, and of course drink our fill of Butterbeer. We managed to get next to each other in the single rider's line on Spiderman (I think the grouper saw Meg's birthday button and took pity on us). I was actually pleased with the way they revamped Spiderman. It's a little more CG movie than animated cartoon show, but I decided that I'm alright with that. Of course we had to ride Cat in the Hat, just to see Sara and Chris. Sara was at unload and even wished Meg a happy birthday over their comm system.

Once we'd had Sara fix we had to run over to Universal Studios and partake in our favorite rides. We used the power of Meg's birthday button to get three rides on Revenge of the Mummy. We screamed, spoke along with the dialogue, and then laughed hysterically during all of them. By then we were fully riding our Butterbeer sugar high, which meant it was time for some Men in Black action. We managed to sneak three rides on that as well, thanks to some very awesome attractions attendants. I beat Meg every time, even her birthday couldn't convince me to go easy on her. The tourists in the car with us were pretty impressed by our scores, the attendant who helped us ride again was less impressed.

Once we had our fill of theme park rides and theme park food we ventured out into City Walk. We made a decision to play mini golf. Meg and I are fantastic at mini golf, assuming that mini golf works like all other sports and the goal is to get the highest score. We're also assuming that knocking your ball into the bushes surrounding the track is much more important than hitting it into that tiny little hole on the green. Keeping all those rules in mind, Meg and I are the best at mini golf. We ended up playing the alien course and laughed ourselves silly taking pictures and climbing on things. We started counting the number of times we went off course (gotta get those bonus points you know). After stunning everyone at the course with our incredible mini golf skills, it was time to move on to Meg's house for the real festivities.

At Meg's we were met by balloons, Chris, Sara, a pile of cards and presents, and cheesecake. We giggled, laughed, and made funny faces while Jill took pictures. We chatted entirely too much, and by the time that Jill was able to wrangle us up and get us to the table for presents and cheesecake it was already quite late. Meg opened her presents, and quite enjoyed them. She got a card that has cats meowing the Happy Birthday Song, and it entertained us to no end. I probably opened the card to play the song fifteen times over the course of the evening, and it never got old. At least, it never got old for me, you'd have to ask the others about their personal opinions. Then we ate some cheesecake, which is not my favorite, but I tried to enjoy it for Meg's sake.

After her birthday celebration ended I came home and realized that despite the late hour I should probably go ahead and write these 750 words. Of course I still have fifty words to go and I've pretty much exhausted my discussion of Meg's birthday. I haven't done much else with my life lately. May ends in a few days, so I'll have to start making those June goals. Maybe on Monday I'll update you on how May goals went and what my June goals are.

Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment