Tuesday, May 1, 2012

May 1st

Guess what? It’s the first day of May and I’m still here writing 750 words. Actually, technically, right now I’m at Dungeons and Dragons and I needed something to do while I wait for it to be my turn. Then when I get home I finish this up, if I need to, and then I go to bed because I’m dreadfully tired. I can’t figure out why I’m so exhausted, I feel like I’ve actually gotten a decent amount of sleep, but my body is disagreeing with me. It is convinced that I need to fall asleep at my earliest convenience, or more likely, when it’s not convenient at all. That’s been a serious issue for me lately, wanting to sleep when I really shouldn’t and then not being able to fall asleep when it’s actually time to go to bed. I figure that when grad bash (the late night park event) is finally over, my body will get back into a more regular rhythm and that will fix all of my exhaustion issues.

Anyway, I had thought that I would make my May goals and a Video to Future Me today, but that is not happening. I will save those for tomorrow when I have the day off and am hopefully not completely burnt out. Also, perhaps I will shower before I make my video. I promise that I have some ideas for goals and my video, I just need to spend some actual time working on it.

I’ve been trying to think of other things that are on my mind on this beginning of May day, but really my brain is so fried that I’m having issues just keeping this mostly coherent. I suppose I could talk a little about what I did today and maybe that can make the next 450 words that I need to write, but most likely it won’t actually get me anywhere.

Today I worked from 8:15am to 2:15am. The leads today were fun and my rotation included both unload and Preboard I, which are two of my favorite positions at work. I was tired and a little spacey, but I managed to get into a really good rhythm. From there on out it was easy. It was a short shift and Meg finished school just as I was getting ready to leave so I was able to pick her up. We went shopping at Publix (I needed apples, milk, and some snacks), and then we went back to my place to hang out for a little while. We watched a movie called Geek Charming and an episode of a show called ANT Farm. Both of these are Disney channel originals, and I loved them.


There's something about completely cliche, silly, feel good shows and movies that I really enjoy. Meg and I actually make a point to find a "good" ABC family or Disney or other made for TV movie to watch every couple of weeks. All of them are full of cheesy lines, serious over acting, and formulaic plots, but we love watching them. We've actually starting keeping track of the things in the films that are a little too convenient. This include things like a guitar that is amazingly there when you need it, everyone knowing the lyrics and dance to a song even though no one knows each other, and other things that are way out of the ordinary. Part of the reason we love keeping track of these is because most of these movies are very "these are just normal kids doing things" and so the extra convenient items are even funnier.

After the movie and show it was time to go to Dungeons and Dragons, where I started writing this blog and was admittedly a little too tired to pay much attention. I've decided that I'm going to start keeping a campaign journal though (from the PoV of my character, Riley) and so starting next week my 750 words will be that every Tuesday. That will be a nice way to change things up a little and still keep me on track with my words. I might start thinking of doing day themes for this blog as well. If I'm going to be writing 750 words every single day for awhile, I might as well have a plan that is just a bit more concrete. I'm open to suggestions, and I suppose that since you won't likely give them, I can always ask Google, which is almost the same as getting a reply from the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment