Saturday, May 19, 2012

May 19th

Usually today is reserved for raging and ranting but today I want rave about things that I love rather than rant about things that bother me. This is largely because I've been having a pretty awesome week and I don't have much to complain about. My life is blessed, so I decided to talk about that for a change. So in no particular order this will be a list of things that I happen to really like.

Apples- I eat an apple almost every single day. They're always delicious and sweet and they do a great job of waking you up in the morning, which is a bonus for someone who doesn't drink caffeine.

Dancing- I seriously dislike exercise, but when it comes to dancing I can trick my brain into thinking it's just fun. I get into a lot of the dance clubs at City Walk for free and I love to just go crazy and dance. I'm sure I look like a total idiot, but I'm always having a blast.

Orlando Summer Weather- I love the warmth, I love the sun, and I adore the sudden downpours. I sleep better when it rains, I love walking in the rain, and the rain here is always warm. Granted it's not the best thing for someone who wants to ride to work since apparently not even an apple a day can keep away the cold if you get sweaty and soaked in the rain repeatedly.

Hulu- Having the option to watch the shows I enjoy from any network whenever I feel like it is truly a blessing. With the way my life and schedule is watching shows when they air would be nearly impossible, but this way I don't miss anything.

The Internet- I could probably write an entire 750 words about how much I love the internet. For now we'll settle for just saying that I live the blessed life I have today largely due to the magic of the internet.

Ice Cream- It's not healthy, I eat way too much of it, but I don't care. There's something about the creaminess and the coldness and the incredible amount of sugar that make it completely delicious. I try and eat at least somewhat decently, but I'll never give up my ice cream.

My Nook- I can carry around 50 books in my purse, this is a BIG DEAL! It also saves me a lot of shelf space as I'm a bit of a book addict. I think I'm going to try to clean up some of my books. Maybe try and sell them to replace them with nook books. Wish there was a way to exchange them outright. My life would much easier to transport if ALL my books were digital.

Felix- You had to know that my adorable every excited kitten would make this list. Despite the annoying amount of hair he leaves behind and the tendency he has to want to sit in my lap the moment I need to stand up, I love him deeply. I'm continuously amazed and excited by the little things he does. I probably take too many pictures and film too much video, but I can't pass up a chance to document the cuteness.

My Wizards- The number of Harry Potter friends I have is quite large and I'm thankful for each and every one of them. They're an incredible group of seriously talented people and honestly some of the nicest people I've ever met. Even though a bunch of us only see each other once a year it always seems like no time has passed. Even if we haven't spoken in months as soon as we get together we're just as close as we always were.

Harry Potter- The books, the movies, the websites, the fanfiction, the music, and every aspect of the fandom. Every time I turn around there is something wonderful and new happening. The books have taught me so much about bravery and friendship and the value of an amazing mother. The fandom has taught me about kindness and brought me more friends than I ever thought I would have.

Allegra- This little allergy pill became nonprescription in March 2011, I started taking it in June, and have been largely symptom free ever since. I used to live my life with sniffles and an itchy nose and eyes, but things have been WAY better since Allegra. If you have allergies I at least recommend that you try it out.

There are more things that I love, but for today that's enough raving.

No comments:

Post a Comment