Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Distracted By Music and the Wild July Adventure

I was supposed to write a story on Wednesday and I have been planning blog posts all week, but then something happened; HP The Musical. There I was happily wasting time reading Twitter when suddenly everyone started updating the same link. HP The Musical was online! I had heard a lot about this from Steph of Tonks and the Aurors, and as the quotes started pouring into Twitter I couldn't wait for work to end so that I could go home and watch. Finally 5pm came and I did watch; at length. Once I had finished I had to get my brother to watch. He enjoyed it as much as I did. Now I plan to force my father to watch as well.

There is so much that can be said about how awesome the musical is, but I really don't want to spoil it. What I will say is that I spent much of it pausing for fits of uncontrollable laughter. It is quite possible that prolonged exposure to Draco Malfoy can kill you. I also left with a desire for Voldemort/Quirrell fanfiction and a head full of catchy tunes. I really hope they release a sound track, because I want to be able to hear the lyrics the stage garbled (as if I need something else to be addicted to). Now lets get to the next part of this blog. Floo Powder Power.Floo Powder Power. Floo Powder Power. Floo Powder Power.

That last bit was written quite awhile ago, but I couldn't bring myself to just delete it and start over, or post two blogs today. Obviously my blog title is proving itself accurate yet again. While there hasn't been much for you to see here in the outside world my life has been quite busy. In the two weeks since my last post I have watched almost all of Babylon 5 with my father (I love this show!), worked about 60 hours, announced a local 4th of July parade, driven to Kansas City to see Potterces, The Whomping Willows, and the Remus Lupins with my brother, and flown to Phoenix to see friends. I'm writing this blog from Alissa's dorm at UAT (University of Advancing Technology) while her roommate Kim plays on the computer and Andrew plays some game on the DS.

This is my first time in Arizona but I can already tell it won't be my last. I know people complain about the crazy heat here, but for someone who comes from a town where the temperature can be in the 90's and the humidity can be 100% the dry 105 degree heat of Arizona feels just pleasantly toasty. Not that I probably want to stay in it long, but I can manage. I also love everything about UAT. This school makes me wish I was rich and talented enough to attend. The entire campus consists of 2 buildings (one is the dorm) and there are probably only 1200 students total. Normally this would not be my cup of tea. I would run out of new people to meet within a week, but the entire school is made of Nerdfighters! Everyone plays computer games, reads like crazy, makes videos, plays D&D, draws, listens to Jonathon Coulton, or some combination of the above. I feel totally at home with everyone I've met. It's almost like the feeling I get at Potter Conferences, but not quite. In short UAT is made of awesome.

I'm going to make it a goal to blog everyday while I'm on the Wild July Adventure, but due to internet availability there may not be a post everyday. I will post when I get internet, and I promise that all added up there will be a post everyday. Some will be flash stories, some will be blogs, and if I feel inspired I might start that novel thing. It remains to be seen.

Until I next fail at failure.

No comments:

Post a Comment