Sunday, July 19, 2009

The Wild July Adventure Day 12

Yesterday was an adventure in Wrock, at least for me. I woke up early and listened to Andrew Slack talk about the Harry Potter Alliance. I ate at the welcome lunch and then an adventure in Wrock began. First I went to Lena's acoustic show which was a lot of fun. She asked me to sell merch for her. Mostly I just sat there with my mouth open and listened. Got to hear a lot of new songs that I fell immediately in love with.
I spent some time hanging out with Lena in the afternoon. I helped her move things around and really met everyone in room 730. Then I headed off to the Mina Gallery only to discover that the show was 21 and over only. Tyler even had to stand outside when he wasn't playing, which was ridiculous. So they decided to play in the common room as well. The room was packed and I had a fantastic time. Even though I had already seen them play I really never get tired of it.After the common room show I helped Lena set up for Fair Fortune. This is Lena's wrock opera and it was even better live than it was on the CD. I sold merch during the performance, and that has become my favorite job. I got to hang out with Jeremy Jennings, the MoM merch guy, and he made it all even more fun. I enjoyed the performance and everything that went with it.
Lena said that I can sell merch for her again at the ball. I'm more excited than I should be.

Till I next fail at failure.

No comments:

Post a Comment