Friday, July 17, 2009

The Wile July Adventure Day 10

As you know yesterday morning we arrived in San Francisco. We watched the sun come up, the fog roll out, and traffic appear, all long before we could check into our hotel. This wait left us with only a few options, so we decided to walk the streets. We saw crammed houses of every color, countless fire escapes, and more than a few plant collections. Oh and you can't forget all of the "trash" on street. Among so called trash we found a nice office chair and a coat hanger shaped like a tie. Sadly it was determined that these were not transportable items (although I was really gunning for the tie coat rack). Still, this is San Francisco and there was still much more to discover! My two favorite things are what follows.

Seriously who can honestly say they've never wanted a Transformer as their car? Wait, you can? Then why are you reading my blog? Honestly I took one look at this car (this is the hood) and thought Why haven't I done that? So Suze, Jenny, Earl, and I geeked out over the car, but our fun wasn't over yet, because just around the next block we ran into this....
Who knew that Whomping Willow lived on the west coast? And who knew that he and Jenny had such an interesting relationship. I suppose that's between her and the tree. There was an entire row of these trees and as soon as we saw them we all started yelling. It's a good thing that it was 6am or someone might have noticed the crazies and chased us away with "trash".

Eventually the hotel opened and Suze got her room. She and I chilled and wandered more commercial parts of San Fran while we waited for people to arrive. Eventually the hotel filled with Potter people and registration opened for us to get our HBP not midnight release tickets. Shortly after that I got a text from Anna. At the time we had never met but I was buying Ravenclaw robes from her. I went up to her room and spent the rest of the afternoon with Anna, Lena, and Erin. We had a complete blast just talking and being silly. Then we all got dressed up and went to see HBP again. Aren't Anna and Lena adorable?


As far as the movie goes I liked it just as much the second time around, but as I had done most of the driving I was exhausted. I found myself drifting so I will definitely be seeing the movie again.

Till I next fail at failure.

No comments:

Post a Comment