Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Half Blood Prince (and The Wild Adventure Day 8)

So I'm sure that something happened yesterday, but it has all been banished from my mind by Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince! I loved this movie! It is in my opinion the best so far and it gives me hope for the next two films. I need to see it at least once more before I can manage to organize my thoughts enough to actually write a review so for now it will be a disorganized mess of lists. Totally contains spoilers.

-"Your shoelace" is now my new favorite pick up line.

-I loved Draco!! The emotion was fantastic and I couldn't have wished for more in the scene with Dumbledore. I also loved the bathroom scene.

-I really liked Lav Lav. I thought she did a great job of being the crazy pushy girlfriend. Sometimes I felt she wasn't quite ditzy enough, but she did pull it off well. I really loved her once she and Ron broke up. Staring across the great hall and griping that spoon; I was sure she was going to bend it with her mind.

-Michael Gambon surprised me. I have not been a fan of his, especially in Goblet of Fire, but I really liked him. I felt like for once he was really Dumbledore, and I was sad when he died.

-I thought that the trio really came into their own finally. It felt like Harry, Ron, and Hermione instead of Dan, Rupert, and Emma (not that I don't adore them too).

-I have always and will always love Luna Lovegood, and this movie was no different. I wasn't even upset that she was the one who found Harry on the train. I also loved her outfit for the Christmas Party, but she didn't have enough screen time at all.

-Getting Slughorn was perfect. I loved the way the house looked and his armchair was wonderful. I wasn't sure about him during the rest of the movie though. I liked him for most of it, but he seemed a little too ditzy especially during the poisoning of Ron.

-Which brings me to that scene. I loved Ron on love potion, but the poisoning scene wasn't nearly serious enough. Ron could have died, but it didn't seem that way.

-I hated that the Burrow was destroyed! I didn't mind that scene as much but the fact that it cut off right after the explosioun bothered me. I wanted the self depricating (I'm a burden) Harry. I was also sad he didn't break it off with Ginny (and that the didn't have a real relationship even)

-I really liked the memory scenes. Young Tom Riddle was great. I did miss the scene where he see Hufflepuff's cup, how is Harry gonna figure it out without that?

-The cave scene was great, the cave itself I didn't like as much. Whats will all the crystals? I thought the emotion was really good, especially as Harry kept giving Dumbledore the potion. That was one of the saddest parts in the book, and I was gad that it measured up.

-The only scene that really made me angry was Dumbledore's death. Harry absolutely WOULD NOT just stand by and let Dumbledore be killed. No matter what he promised to who he wouldn't have stood there. It made me so angry! You could have just spelled him!

-Also the lack of a battle in Hogwarts bugged me. I understood why the didn't have it, but I can't imagine for a second that McGonagal, Flitwick, Hagrid, and the rest would have just let the Deatheaters walk out the front door and off into the forest. It you didn't want a battle have them disappear some other way. Harry chased them and shot spells for god's sake, where the hell was everyone else.

-The Harry/Ginny dynamic was good, although I wasn't sure about the Room of Requirement seductress act. I really liked Hermione's love sick portrayal, but I thought that Harry was a bit too observant. Boys are dumb and book Harry definitely didn't get it in HBP.

My brain is still running on crazy happy thoughts so I think that's all I get out for now. I can't wait to see the movie again, and again, and again, and probably again after that. Despite the things that bugged me this movie was my favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment