Thursday, July 9, 2009

The Wild July Adventure Day 2

So there is no wonderful reason why I didn't do this blog yesterday, but there is a perfectly normal reason; youtube. Being with new people always opens up all sorts of youtube doors, and I get to share some of my favorites. I spent all of last night showing Kim (Alissa's roommate and a redhead who says lol which makes me laugh) all my favorites vlogbrothers vids. She knows John Green cause she has read his books (and you should too), but was totally new to the Nerdfighters. Tonight we plan to watch some of the HP musical and I promise to blog after that.

The day itself was a lot of fun. I woke up at 7:30am cause my stupid brain is still on Iowa time, but that was ok. I got to go to a gaming store where I bought pretty blue dice I don't need and a set of Pokemon cards for my brother. (He's 18 but it seems to be regression time). We went to the Asian food market, where I got a lot of delicious stuff, but I also got a lot of weird looks. I'm not the kind of person who gets uncomfortable, but I felt a little awkward there.

In the afternoon I went to Alissa's photoshop class where I helped (and by helped I mean pointed and suggested while she did all the work) her make this picture.
Which I think is totally awesome. After that Andrew made a delicious dinner at their condo and then it was back to the dorm for the youtube craziness that I mentioned earlier.

I'm still loving Phoenix and I only see it getting better. Being with Andrew and Alissa has made me realize how much I really do miss them. I wish that they had more time to be home, and I'm going to make a hug effort to spend more time with them through the internet when I am at home. Leaving here is going to be really hard, but I still have at least four days of fun in the sun before that has to happen.

Until I next fail at failure.

No comments:

Post a Comment