Sunday, April 15, 2012

April 15th

It's funny that I come to this page every single day with no idea what to write about and yet I've managed 750 words every single one of those days. That either means that the 750 words are filler and have no value, or my life and opinions are actually more interesting than I originally thought. I'm going to vote for the latter for the ego boost, but feel free to contest my decision and point out that this entire paragraph was basically filler. Ah, honesty.

Work, work, and more work is what I feel my life has boiled down to lately. That said, I'll be incredibly happy when my checks arrive and I see all the money I've made and can promptly spend it on ice cream. Plus, I'll probably miss it when my hours drop to almost nothing in a few weeks. I'm also changing my availability so that I'll have guaranteed days off (Monday and Tuesday) EVERY SINGLE WEEK! This is very exciting because it means that I can start to plan things in my live. Like making videos on Monday and going to Disney on Tuesday. Or writing on Mondays and cleaning on Tuesday. Or basically anything I want to do on those days. Plus hanging out with Meg and going to Dungeons and Dragons which I already do. There was some debate on what days I would choose to have off, but honestly getting out of the house to do things like shopping and chores work WAY better on a weekday.

Gosh do you think I talked enough about work without actually talk about work? Have you noticed I do that a lot? Have you wondered about it? Basically Universal has a blogging/vlogging/posting policy that loves to be infuriatingly general, so I'm never sure what I can and can't post. Not that anyone would probably discover it considering I never post about this blog and the only people who are read it are my parents who don't care much about anything I might have to say about what's up at Universal. Still better safe than sorry, so I'll stick with work was fun and I got to be in Greeter rotation (which is non safety and I feel less stressful).

Currently I'm waiting for an Ascendio meeting so I can report on how far I have and have not gotten on thousands of things that I need to do and hundreds of other things I wasn't aware of until this moment. I have loved working for Ascendio and being a part of this amazing process, but I will NOT be sad to see it end and I will not be signing up for this craziness again. I will be going to Potter conferences for the foreseeable future (I'll make the money somehow), but I want to go as an attendee. Maybe I'll do something small (like a small production or a single presentation) but nothing like what I've been doing basically since conference number one. Of course you can't hold me to that because I like being busy too much to truly give up on being involved, but I think cutting back a little will make things more fun.

There's not much else to update in my life since yesterday. I'm going to start keeping a dream journal again. This was brought about by the reading of my old dream journal which is full of fantastically epic adventures. I imagine not all my dreams are this epic but the ones I remember and write down are quite incredible. Making those into short stories might be a plan for someday. It's interesting to me because I can't actually think of a dream I've had in a few months. I'm not sure if it's because I've stopped dreaming, or stopped remembering the dreams, or simply don't sleep enough for it to matter. I'm hoping by making a conscious decision to write them down perhaps my subconscious and unconscious will decide to provide the dreams I need to write down.

There are still like 80 words left to write and now I'm seriously grasping at literary straws. So, naturally, I'm going to turn on Vlogbrothers videos and type almost nothing but filler words to get the last few words finished. I'm enjoying catching up on Vlogbrothers. It feels like an accomplishment. That's right, I consider spending hours watching YouTube videos to be an accomplishment. I can hear my mom groaning and sighing from here. But hey, I go to work, I pay rent, if I want to spend my other time watching YouTube, I think that's totally cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment