Wednesday, April 25, 2012

April 25th

Still nothing on the apartment front today, but I'm going to keep at it until something sticks. I really want to move into a three bedroom, so I'm going to work to make that happen. I know that changing all of my addresses will suck, but I feel like the location change will be a good thing overall. It will give us more space and, most importantly, it will give Sara a chance to actually "move in" which is something she never did here. When we moved into our current apartment she didn't have much in terms of furniture (and by not much I mean nothing) so she never really moved in. And then life was always too busy to get furniture or truly move most of her stuff in. For me, it will be a chance to get rid of stuff that I'm really keeping for no reason. So I'll be calling the office everyday to find out if there's another 3 bedroom. If we can't get that then Sara & I might switch rooms, which will give us a chance to sort of move without moving.

Today I was scheduled to work from noon to six, but they didn't actually end up needing me, so I was off work by about one and had the rest of the afternoon free. Naturally, I went to Disney World. I went with one of my coworkers and we had a pretty good time. We rode Tower of Terror, The Rockin Rollercoaster, Star Tours, and Toy Story Midway Mania at Hollywood Studios. It was a ton of fun! We also did some walking around and looked through the Man With a Dream, which is sort of a Walt Disney museum, and tells his story. Watching the video and reading all about Walt's life gives me two conflicting emotions. On one hand it makes me incredibly excited to do creative things, and inspires me to no end. On the other hand it makes me feel like a serious underachiever, because I feel that I have accomplished very little in a time that others have accomplished so much.

After our time in Hollywood Studios we went on to Magic Kingdom, where we rode Space Mountain, and participated in my current favorite Disney obsession, Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom. This is a fantastic twist on a card duel game. You sign up at one of two training stations in the park, where you receive a key card, a map, and your first five spell cards. After leaving the training center you walk around to stations throughout the park, which are indicated on your map. When you get to a station you activate it with your key card and a screen is revealed. Then you use your spell cards to fight the enemies on the screen by holding up your spell cards. The general story line is that Hades has gathered a group of villains to steal the Crystal of the Magic Kingdom from Merlin and he has enlisted you to fight the villains and bring the crystal pieces back. Currently there is a set of 70 spell cards, and thus far I have 25 of them. It's a bast to play the game, and trading cards is fun, and the technology used in the game is pretty incredible. If you ever happen to be at Disney World be sure to check it out. And if you don't think you'll be visiting again...I could use the extra cards. =)

Aside from a foray into the wonderful world of Disney, today didn't have a lot going for it, but I'm alright with that. It was a nice and fun day and that's just what I wanted it to be. Tomorrow I have the day off and I'm really looking forward to tackling more things on my to do and goal list. Speaking of the goal list, with only 5 days left in April, I suppose I should update you on my goal progress.

1) Write musical book (I've resigned that this was not the time for this goal, but it will still happen sometime)
2) Write 750 words everyday (Bam!)
3) Restart YouTube watching and keep up (I'm doing quite well at this actually)
4) Post video on each channel (plans for this tomorrow)
5) Figure out Guest Service job (GOT IT!)
6) Figure out living arrangement for July (In flux, but working on it)
7) Write Wrockbox show (might not happen, but I'm still working on it)
8) Read Two Books (got one under my belt, but two might have to be super short to meet this goal)
9) Storyboard "Lovely Lily" video (this WILL happen, the ideas in my head just need to find some paper)
10) Put $100 in savings (with all the overtime this will be happening as well)

So 6 goals will happen, and at least 2 more can potentially be finished, which I'm pretty proud of.

No comments:

Post a Comment